Exotic Nutrition's Degu Booster ensures that your degu is getting the vitamins and minerals it needs to thrive. Feeding a balanced diet is a priority for good health and wellbeing, and vitamin supplements can help fill any nutritional voids. If at least 75% of your degu's diet is made up of , supplements are optional, because the pellet diet already contains added vitamins and nutrients. to view a breakdown of the vitamins and minerals in this booster.
- Vitamin & mineral supplement for degus
- Includes live saccharomyces yeast for a healthy digestive tract
- Contains probiotics that prevent colonization of pathogenic bacteria.
- Great for breeding degus, and also best during times of illness, travel, or other stressful situations.
Net Weight: 2 ounces
DOSAGE: Sprinkle a healthy pinch of booster over each serving of food (approx 1/8 of a teaspoon)
INGREDIENTS: Flaxseed Meal, Soy Flour, Soybean Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, DI-alpha-tocopheryl-acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Biotin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydro-chloride, Retinyl Propionate (Source of Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D), Vitamin A Acetate (Source of Vitamin A), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Thiamine HCI, Vitamin D Oil, Natural and Artificial Flavors
MINIMUM VITAMIN ANALYSIS PER POUND: Lysine (min) 2.5%, Methionine (min) 0.45%, Crude Fat (min) 6%, Linoleic Acid (Omega 3) (min) 0.36%, Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) (min) 0.135%, Calcium (min) 0.45%, Calcium (max) 0.55%, Phosphorus (min) 0.75%, Vitamin A (min) 110,000 IU/lb, Vitamin D (min) 50,000 IU/lb, Vitamin B-12 (min) 0.136 mg/lb
What Are Probiotics? Direct-fed microbials (probiotics) produce antibiotic-like substances that help prevent certain bacterial infections, help produce enzymes that aid in digestion, and help lower the pH of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Gram Positive: Bacteria that are considered good bacteria and often destroy bad bacteria.
- Gram Negative: Bacteria that live off of blood, tissue and bone, and give off toxic substances.
- Lactobacillus: Organisms that are the most popular gram positive bacteria. There are other compounds, which are also helpful such as bacillus subtilis, lactis, bulgaricus, enterococcus, etc.