“The fate of animals the world over, whether wild or captive, is in our hands" -Dr Richard Patton
Exotic Nutrition has hired Dr Richard Patton, a PhD in Animal Nutrition, to formulate their new line of diets for Sugar Gliders, Opossums, and other exotics. Dr Patton is a world renowned animal nutritionist, informed by extensive work in comparative and contrasting species. He is an expert in animal science, and brings over 35 years of experience to the topic of pet nutrition. He specializes in the development of animal diets, and uses his vast research along with decades of professional insight to establish diet concepts based on solid biochemical evidence. Read more about his research in the biological value of protein.
Dr Patton's Experience:
- Over 35 years as an animal nutritionist
- Advocate of proper animal nutrition
- Worked in 25 countries, formulated diets for nearly every kind of animal
- Studied at Penn State, Purdue and Virginia Tech
- 25 scientific publications including - The Biologic Value Of Protein
- Published author of Ruined By Excess, Perfected By Lack, The Paradox Of Pet Nutrition
- American Society of Animal Science
- American Zoo and Aquariums Association
- American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists
- Texas Animal Nutrition Council
Food Developed by Dr Patton for Exotic Nutrition:
- Instant-HPW Insect & Fruit Recipe
- Instant-HPW Honey & Fruit Recipe
- Opossum Complete
- Glider Essential
- Hedgehog Essential
Exotic Nutrition is proud to serve hundreds of universities, zoological parks, veterinarians, research centers and other institutions seeking to advance the health and well-being of exotics worldwide. See a full list of institutions using our products here.
Exotic Nutrition has a heart for animals in need. Through regular donations to rescues, rehabilitators, and special fundraiser events, Exotic Nutrition is making a significant impact in the lives of animals. See a full list of our charitable donations here.